- Project Name: Community Instagib Mappack (IGPack)
- Game: Doom II
- Engine Needed: Zandronum
- Game Type: Deathmatch
- # of Maps: 33
- # Contributed: 10
- Status: Released
- Release Date: [v1.0] 12/25/08, [v1.1] 01/05/09
The Community Instagib Mappack, also known as IGPack for short, is a project I started in October of 2007. My original goal for the project was to create a set of detailed deathmatch maps suited for the Instagib game modifier. I contributed 8 maps plus 2 other detail jobs on other maps. I also contributed lots of artworks including a entirely new fonts set (smallfont, bigfont, confont) and many other graphics, sounds, code, etc. The project ended up being suitable for regular and other deathmatch variants.
The initial release, version 1.0, was let loose on the Skulltag community on Christmas of 2008. A day or so after the release I began bug fixes and tweaks, which officially started version 1.1. Version 1.1 was finally released on January 5th, 2009 and it included a fairly long list of changes. Version 1.1 is likely to be the final release unless some major bugs are found.
- 31+2 newschool maps varying in size, detail, layout, and flavor by the Skulltag community and beyond.
- A fully working reloadable Railgun which allows you to reload whenever you want by pressing the alt-fire key.
- A new side-variant of Instagib called ‘Altgib’ which uses modified Karasawas instead of Railguns.
- Three new weapons for non-modified DM: Karasawa, Nailgun, and Prox Launcher.
- Lots and lots of new graphics, sounds, bots, and skins.
- A new, [somewhat] comprehensive campaign called ‘Knee Deep In GIBS’.
- A glorious, client-side gib system.
- Fancy new smooth particles for you fancy OpenGL users.
- A new color pallete which alters the blues and greens.
- A script which removes the OpenGL midtexture light gradients for software users.